There is normally a 30-day waiting period before the flood insurance would go into effect. There are however 2 basic exceptions.
• If the initial purchase of flood insurance is in connection with the making, increasing, extending, or renewing of a loan, there is no waiting period. The coverage becomes effective at the time of the loan, provided the application and presentment of premium are made at or prior to loan closing.
• If the initial purchase of flood insurance is made during the 13-month period following the revision or update of a Flood Insurance Rate Map for the community, there is a 1-day waiting period.
In addition to the two basic exceptions, FEMA’s Mitigation Directorate has issued a policy decision specifying the following four exceptions:
1. The 30-day waiting period will not apply when there is an existing insurance policy and an additional amount of flood insurance is required in connection with the making, increasing, extending, or renewing of a loan, such as a second mortgage, home equity loan, or refinancing. The increased amount of coverage is applied for and the presentment of additional premium is made at or prior to the loan closing.
2. The 30-day waiting period will not apply when an additional amount of insurance is required as a result of a map revision. The increased amount of coverage will be effective at 12:01 a.m. on the first calendar day after the date the increased amount of coverage is applied for and the presentment of additional premium is made.
3. The 30-day waiting period will not apply when flood insurance is required as a result of a lender’s determining a loan that does not have flood insurance coverage should be protected by flood insurance. The coverage will be effective upon the completion of an application and the presentment of payment of premium.
4. The 30-day waiting period will not apply when an additional amount of insurance offered in the renewal bill is being obtained in connection with the renewal of a policy.
Your Hoffman & Associates Insurance agent is centrally located in Melbourne, Florida and would be able to assist you in determining the effective date your flood policy and answer additional questions you may have!
NOTE: The answers to coverage questions are primarily based on ISO forms generally used in Florida by most companies. However, please keep in mind that all companiesï¿½ forms are NOT necessarily the same. Some companies may provide broader coverage and some may be more restrictive.
IN ALL CASES, THE CONSUMER MUST REFER TO HIS OR HER OWN POLICY FOR SPECIFIC COVERAGE INFORMATION.
The privacy of our website visitor’s and our client's is very important to our company. We will respect your privacy and we will not share your information with advertining or marketing companies, and will not sell your information to any mailing lists. We only share your personal information with the companies and the individuals that are necessary in performing our business duties in acquiring and in servicing your insurance needs. Please feel free to contact us immediately if you have any questions about your privacy.
Information contained within this site is the property of Hoffman and Associates Insurance Company and is provided for consumers looking to purchase insurance. Any other use is prohibited. We are not responsible for errors and omissions on this web site. All information contained herein should be deemed reliable but not guaranteed, all representations are approximate, and individual verification is required. Please contact Hoffman Insurance Company at 321-751-2511 before making any purchase decisions based on information contained on this web site to check for validity. This content is copyrighted by Hoffman and Associates Insurance Company and will bring legal action on to anyone who copies the information contained here. PLEASE NOTE THAT COMPLETION OF A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PURCHASE OF INSURANCE. NO COVERAGE MAY BE ADDED, CHANGED OR BOUND AS A RESULT OF SUBMITTING A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION. ALL COVERAGE MUST BE CONFIRMED BY THE AGENCY IN WRITING SUBJECT TO AN ACCEPTABLE SIG NED APPLICATION MEETING THE UNDERWRITING GUIDELINES OF THE INSURANCE COMPANY. Please read your policy carefully for your terms of coverage. No information in this website alters the terms of coverage in your individual policy. If you do not agree to these terms please exit this website