Taking steps to lower our risk can help safeguard your business but may also make you eligible for lower insurance rates. Insurance premiums are based on the risks involved. The insurance company evaluates the situation to determine the risk or potential for losses and bases it rates on the results.
Here are a few steps to consider:
• Maintain adequate lighting throughout your business premises.
• Keep Electrical wiring, stairways, carpeting, flooring, elevators, and escalators in good repair.
• Install a sprinkler system, smoke and fire alarms, and adequate security devices.
• Keep only a small amount of cash in the cash register.
• Keep good records of inventory, accounts receivable, equipment purchases and the like.
• Consider keeping a second set of records off-site, such as with your accountant.
• Make sure your employees have good driving records if vehicle use is necessary.
• Make sure your employees know how to lift properly and use all necessary safety equipment, such as goggles, gloves and respirators.
• Consider using the service of a risk manager. This type of outside consultant can advise you of any safety or environmental regulation you may have overlooked or not been aware of and talk to your employees about safety practices.
• You may also wish to raise your deductible where appropriate to lower your insurance premiums. How high to raise the deductible should be determined by how much you can afford to pay out of pocket. Be careful not to raise it so high that you cannot cover it should a loss occur.
NOTE: The answers to coverage questions are primarily based on ISO forms generally used in Florida by most companies. However, please keep in mind that all companiesï¿½ forms are NOT necessarily the same. Some companies may provide broader coverage and some may be more restrictive.
IN ALL CASES, THE CONSUMER MUST REFER TO HIS OR HER OWN POLICY FOR SPECIFIC COVERAGE INFORMATION.
The privacy of our website visitor’s and our client's is very important to our company. We will respect your privacy and we will not share your information with advertining or marketing companies, and will not sell your information to any mailing lists. We only share your personal information with the companies and the individuals that are necessary in performing our business duties in acquiring and in servicing your insurance needs. Please feel free to contact us immediately if you have any questions about your privacy.
Information contained within this site is the property of Hoffman and Associates Insurance Company and is provided for consumers looking to purchase insurance. Any other use is prohibited. We are not responsible for errors and omissions on this web site. All information contained herein should be deemed reliable but not guaranteed, all representations are approximate, and individual verification is required. Please contact Hoffman Insurance Company at 321-751-2511 before making any purchase decisions based on information contained on this web site to check for validity. This content is copyrighted by Hoffman and Associates Insurance Company and will bring legal action on to anyone who copies the information contained here. PLEASE NOTE THAT COMPLETION OF A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PURCHASE OF INSURANCE. NO COVERAGE MAY BE ADDED, CHANGED OR BOUND AS A RESULT OF SUBMITTING A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION. ALL COVERAGE MUST BE CONFIRMED BY THE AGENCY IN WRITING SUBJECT TO AN ACCEPTABLE SIG NED APPLICATION MEETING THE UNDERWRITING GUIDELINES OF THE INSURANCE COMPANY. Please read your policy carefully for your terms of coverage. No information in this website alters the terms of coverage in your individual policy. If you do not agree to these terms please exit this website